KC Scholars focuses its efforts on equal access to low- and modest-income students and adults to complete a postsecondary credit-bearing credential or degree.
Service Area: Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte counties in Missouri and Wyandotte and Johnson counties in Kansas.
About: KC Scholars was incubated at the Kauffman Foundation to continue its legacy of support for postsecondary attainment. KC Scholars was intentionally and purposefully designed as a community asset. More than 70 members of the region worked together for over a year to plan KC Scholars, and it is now an independent 501(c)(3), situated in the community, with a community-based board of directors.
KC Scholars is creating life-changing opportunities for thousands of individuals and is positively transforming the region’s workforce and economy.
- Increase postsecondary attainment
- 75+% of Scholars earn a credential or degree
- Infuse the Kansas City workforce with home-grown, racially and ethnically diverse talent
- 80+% of Scholars remain in the region to live and work
- 81% of Scholars are individuals of color
How to Help: Consider helping us make college possible. Visit kcscholars.org/donate.