When you’re driving through southeast Kansas City, it’s hard to miss the Unity Tower rising 165 feet above the campus of Unity Village. Built in 1929, it stands guard over one of Kansas City’s most iconic hidden gems, offering a unique experience for all types of visitors.
The grounds of Unity Village are an architectural marvel. Gorgeous little dwellings in the English Cotswold style, reminiscent of the old country’s meadow landscapes, dot the outer portions of the Village, while the grandiose Mediterranean-inspired buildings at the center of campus command attention.
Unity Village offers the wider community a place to stay, play, refresh, relax and reflect. Come for a quiet afternoon or to host a business meeting, retreat, wedding or other special events. Unity Village features tons of amenities for a tranquil day out, including:
● 1,200 wooded acres filled with natural amenities. The nature trail covers 2.4 miles and passes by serene, beautiful lakes. Deer, foxes, raccoons and snakes are commonly spotted on the trails.
● The largest fountain display in the metropolitan area, spanning the length of a football field and located in the campus’s central courtyard.
● The LEED-certified Unity Village Hotel and Conference Center is part of Choice Hotels’ boutique Ascend Hotel Collection. All guest rooms include plush queen-size beds, fine linens, flat-screen TVs, granite-accented bathrooms and free Wi-Fi access.
● Two Airbnb properties, Fillmore Manor and Hummingbird Vista, both built in the Cotswold style. Guests love the newly renovated interiors in these historic homes. Another cottage will be available by the end of 2021, and two more are scheduled for completion in 2022.
● A golf course. Enjoy the peaceful Village views while making your way through the nine-hole, par-36 golf course.
● A café and bookstore. The café features Starbucks coffee, Coca-Cola products, locally made kombucha and cold-pressed juices as well as hot breakfast, pastries, salads, sandwiches, soups and daily specials. The bookstore is filled with inspiring books and magazines, plus unique gifts and art from local and international designers.
Some of the most popular outdoor spaces at Unity Village offer respite from the modern world and a glimpse into the beauty of nature. When coupled with the beautiful indoor facilities, Unity Village offers the perfect spot for any type of event. Most venues can accommodate between 100-300 guests.
● Bridge of Faith—Rising above the restored mirror pool and fountains with the historic Unity Tower in the background, the Bridge of Faith is one of the best
spots for stunning, artistic photos.
● Rose Garden—The award-winning Rose Garden, surrounded by fountains and graceful arches, boasts 80 different varieties of roses and is nationally accredited.
● Atrium Courtyard—One of the most intimate settings for a small event is this tranquil garden nestled inside the 200 Building.
● The Atrium Chapel is a formal but comfortable space featuring a pipe organ, Steinway piano and Italian marble wall accents in addition to a long center aisle and stairs for a grand entrance.
● Fillmore Chapel has been restored to its beautiful 1929 appearance. The chapel features hand-painted artwork and adjustable lighting. The raised stage allows guests to easily see the ceremony.
No matter the type of event you are hosting, Unity Village food experts will help you design a meal to remember. Unity Village has partnered with award-winning PB&J Catering, a locally owned and operated company with more than 30 years of experience. PB&J is responsible for signature restaurant concepts such as YaYa’s Euro Bistro, Burnt End BBQ and Newport Grill.
Come out and see for yourself! Most of our outdoor areas are open daily to the public or contact us to learn more about planning your next event at unityvillage.org.